Do you know what to look for in a lube? Unfortunately, lubricant ingredients aren’t closely regulated, so you have to be picky. Here are some recommendations and guidelines to help you choose a good one.
Affiliate disclaimer: FYI, I am an affiliate of the Pleasure Chest and Amazon, which means I get a small commission at no additional cost to you if you buy these products by clicking on the links here. Rest assured, though, that I never recommend any products I wouldn’t use myself.
My lube recommendations:
I chose these based on the following features:
- Reduces friction and stays slippery
- pH between 4.4 and 5.5 to protect vaginal flora
- Water-base + silicone blend (moisturizes & seals) OR silicone-only base (seals in moisture)
- Uses a genital-compatible preservative
These are ingredients to AVOID in a lube because they irritate or harm the skin and/or disrupt
- pH less than 4 or greater than 7.5
- Polyquaternium 7, 10 or 15
- Non-oxynol 9